We drove to Donner Lake. We pulled into a park and sat on a sunny bank, eating our sandwiches and reading books. We watched the ducks and basked in the rays.
Afterwards we went exploring, walking around the lake looking for trails to hike. After not finding any for a half hour, we walked into the woods to explore on our own, and found an abandoned campsite. There was a gigantic rock right outside the site, so we explored it's dark and moth-filled crevices.
Nathan left for a few minutes, leaving me and the foot of the boulder, and when I heard his voice again, it was above my head; he had scaled the gigantic rock and was smiling above me.
He had climbed the boulder with ease, but I on the other hand was wearing too tight of pants, so I could not stretch my legs far enough to reach the first ledge of the rock. Nathan switched me pants. His pants were just as tight as mine, so he found a small-ish tree trunk that had fallen and jimmied it into a crevice of the rock, and I used the branch notches as makeshift ladder rungs.
It worked! It felt like such an accomplishment. (Pictured above: us on top of the boulder, and we may or may not be wearing pants)
No comments:
Post a Comment