25 June 2012
David and Laura were kind enough to invite us beach camping this week outside of Santa Cruz; the weather was mostly perfect, though I enjoyed the occasional gusty wind quite a bit.
As soon as we set up camp, we headed down to the beach to drink Coronas and red wine.
I paint my boyfriend's toenails:
The ocean waves were so tempting that Nathan and I couldn't help but dive into them in nothing but our skivvies. the water was pleasantly chilly, and the waves crashed into us over and over.
As the sun went down, we hiked up a hill to watch it set along the brisk mountainsides.
We crawled over a fence to get right on the edge of the cliff, closer to the sun and overlooking the beach.
"Cheers" to the beauty of it!
26 June 2012
I've never seen so much sun as I did this day. I spent the whole afternoon on the beach, mostly basking in the sun, while Nathan skimboarded, gliding along the sand and water, looking strong and almost weightless.
It was pleasant - lounging around, goofing off.
Through the looking glass (look close):
Cuties:
After a *short* break from the beach, we headed back again and the boys played frisbee.
Hovering frisbee:
Laura and I watched from the side lines:
My baby was being such a poetic athlete, it was hard not to take photos of him. Here are some of my favorites:
Greek statue:
That night we watched the sunset again and made banana boats over the fire.
27 June 24
Nathan and I slept in and took our time packing up, with the intent of heading over the the Boardwalk.
Once we got there we ate pupusas and drank Mexican CocaCola, then parked in a neighborhood and walked over to the boardwalk.
The Boardwalk was chock full of preteens.
Vodka Slush:
I wish we were rich and could ride rides... The log flume looked so enticing.
Happy!
We ventured into the arcade and time traveled back to our chilhoods.
All the "classic" machines were half alive and mostly deserted.
Modelo on the beach.
?The? Cat + Nat
Heatwave:
We found a "pirate ship":
They had Lord of the Rings pinball! (Nathan was obviously overjoyed that I pointed it out to him)
We had a beer and played an intense round of air hockey (an older man stood close, watching our game, chuckling at our enthusiasm)
For dinner we drove through an extremely nice neighborhood with an ocean view and found a perfect rock to sit against and eat our spaghetti.
We Lady-and-the-Tramped it:
Once more, we watched the sun descend behind the sea.
It was bright without sunglasses.
For a nightcap before driving home, we shot some skeletons.
Goodnight Boarwalk, thanks for your endless entertainment!
And remember to not ride your skateboard while carrying skates.
No comments:
Post a Comment